Subject: Re: Re:[2]:availability
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/03/1996 15:55:00
On Oct 3, 10:26am, Jasper Wallace wrote:
> Subject: Re:[2]:availability
> On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Alex McLintock wrote:
>

> > >Where have people obtained RISC-BSD from?
> >
> > When I tried fetching it via ftp from Mark's ftp site everything went
> > extremely slowly. It looks like it had something to do with the link
between
> > .ac.uk and .co.uk being rather slow.
> >
> > Would it be possible to get some one else to mirror the RiscBSD site?
> > eg if we could persuade Demon to mirror it would anyone mind...
>
> quatermass.ivision.co.uk (I wanted to call it fishtank but the companys silly
> policys wouldn't let me ;-) (hi manar! :-)) is a RiscBSD box. When I get
round to
> installing 1.2 beta (tonight probably) I will almost certainly keep all the
> sets That I've pulled down. Bandwidth alowing (I don't want to load the
> companys link since we serve web pages off it) I may set up a ftp site, I'll
> probably run a web server any way.

Umm, maybe this isn't such a hot idea. Quatermass is at the wrong end of a
heavily loaded 64k link (my QIC-150 sneakernet beats this on useable bandwidth
:-) ), still, its handy for all those people with Acorn machines at Internet
Vision or NetEstate :-) Now, if you were to do some cute links to the relevant
directories on the various mirrors so people can find them easily that would be
worthwhile (remember your CEO reads this list...).

Cheers

Rob