Subject: Re:[2]:availability
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/03/1996 10:26:39
On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Alex McLintock wrote:

> >Where have people obtained RISC-BSD from?
>
> When I tried fetching it via ftp from Mark's ftp site everything went
> extremely slowly. It looks like it had something to do with the link between
> .ac.uk and .co.uk being rather slow.
>
> Would it be possible to get some one else to mirror the RiscBSD site?
> eg if we could persuade Demon to mirror it would anyone mind...

quatermass.ivision.co.uk (I wanted to call it fishtank but the companys silly
policys wouldn't let me ;-) (hi manar! :-)) is a RiscBSD box. When I get round to
installing 1.2 beta (tonight probably) I will almost certainly keep all the
sets That I've pulled down. Bandwidth alowing (I don't want to load the
companys link since we serve web pages off it) I may set up a ftp site, I'll
probably run a web server any way.

Meanwhile... ftp.uni-stuttgart.de seems to go about 3-4 times faster than
kcl, 2-3kps as opposed to 0.5, I'll be useing it.

--
Jasper Wallace-Internet Vision | Caving-Acorn-RiscBSD-Chocolate-Banks-Fish
She's a witch!, Burn Her!      | PovRay-FVWM-Perl-C-Mono-Food-Wired-?