Subject: Re: availability
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/03/1996 01:09:35
Hello!

In message <9610011856.ZM21762@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
          "Mark Brinicombe" <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Failing that there are several mirrors including src.doc.ic.ac.uk. (There are
> no restrictions imposed by the ftp site as to how one can access it other than
> academic users have a higher priority during the day.)

Which reminds me that the file "mirrors" somewhere on the ftp server is quite
out of date.

> The only other recognised version on CDROM is a ftp snapshot that is available
> in germany. I have no knowledge of the datafile CD-ROM 4. Although there is no

Yep, available from me with some commercial background. Costs 49 DM including
postage and packaging.

> requirement on anybody to inform me about a CDROM version of RiscBSD they wish
> to distribute I can only recomend obtaining a RiscBSD CDROM from a recognised
> source. The reason for this is that sets on the ftp site change frequently and
> a pressed CDROM could become out of date very quickly.

It is also on the GAG-CD (German Archimedes Group), but they most probably
suffer from the problem of being out of date. I think they don't have the 1.2-
beta on the CD.

> >but I really need Linux on my RiscPC 700 Now!!
>
> Erm RiscBSD is not Linux but is NetBSD/arm32 + additions.

He can be lucky he made this mistake here. He might get shot elsewhere for
mixing this up. ;-)))