Subject: Re: Cumana SCSI II Card
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/03/1996 01:20:58
Hello James and Forbes!

In message <199610011022.LAA25160@suma3.rdg.ac.uk>
          J.M.Ferryman@reading.ac.uk wrote:

> >   well, I still haven't had a reply from them, but I have a contact who said
> >   he can forward comments to Cumana (I suppose he works there or knows
> >   someone who does). I for one will buy a Powertec card if they continue to
> >   be unhelpful :-o

OK I have now received two replies from Cumana, written by Mark Gillman. He is
sorry for the delay in answering EMail but they are only a few employees so it
might take a few days until somebody finds the time to answer the mail.

He recommends everybody who is having problems with Cumana products and who can
send and receive EMail to contact them directly (on the address mentioned
below). Especially two people in Germany (Hello Jan!) have made bad experience
by getting their dealer (in this case ESH) involved.

> Just for interest, I spoke with Cumana yesterday (by phone) on some problems
> I was having using the SCSI II card with an IBM drive.  I found them to be
> extremely helpful.  They mentioned their Web site which contains SCSI II

I also have the expression that they are trying to be helpful and that they
won't leave their customers alone.
There has been some confusion because several people didn't receive answers on
the EMail they sent which easily leads to the conclusion of bad support. Well,
that's the way it goes, I hope Cumana will answer more quickly in the future to
avoid this.

> code updates including --
>
> 	o  SCSI II v.2.02 (beta)
> 	o  SCSI II v.2.03 (StrongARM aware)
> 	o  SCSI Manager v.1.59
>
> Email: support@cumana.co.uk
> WWW:   http://www.cumana.demon.co.uk

Why did nobody announce this before? They must put that in c.s.a.announce if
they expect anybody to take note of this.
Well, it's not quite complete yet, though.