Subject: Re: Installing....
To: None <tom@compton.demon.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/01/1996 20:38:37
>Theoretically you can get a CD from PlingBoot, but it is really
>little more than a theory it seems. I wrote a cheque on 12th May
>and have still not received my CD (the cheque hasn't been cashed
>either).
>
>If anyone connected with PlingBoot is reading this they might
>like to note that there's only about five or six weeks left before
>that cheque goes out of date and can't be cashed anymore...
>
>Tom

Right, this is a bit of a sore subject ;-( I do have connections with PlingBoot
and I have not been entirely happy with the way things have gone.

The idea was that PlingBoot was going to handle the orders, paperwork etc. and
I would supply the actually CDROMs. I don't want to go into details but
basically
the orders have gone so far and then stopped. Since cheques have NOT been
cashed unless a CDROM has been shipped any one who has ordered a CDROM from
PlingBoot and has not received it will not have been invoiced or had their
cheques cashed.

I am attempting to get a list of all those orders that have never been dealt
with and when I get the list I will try and sort things out with people
personally.

The original reason that I did not want to handle the orders myself was the
time involved in managing it which has a far better use coding.

However once the 1.2 CDROM is released I think that I will make this available
only via myself.

Assuming the 1.2 CDROM is ready for the show (I expect the 1.2 release to
appear this week on the FTP site (spent 72 hours over the w/e compiling the
base distrib)), people who have ordered the CDROM and not recevied it yet can
email me to reserve one for collection at the show (subject to the CDROM being
ready in time). Anyone wanting more info on this should email me.

I apologise to everyone who has had problems ordering the CDROM and I hope that
following the 1.2 release I can sort out a better system for making the CDROM's
available.

Note: At the current stage I do not want to press RiscBSD CDROMs as too much is
still changing so it means that CDROM are supplied on gold disc.

CHeers,
				Mark

PS. Can anyone with outstanding orders please drop me an email so I can try and
establish just how many people there are.

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk
Research Associate			http://www.ph.kcl.ac.uk/~amb/