Subject: pmap_enter, and Message Catalog Systems...
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Brown <crp02@holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/01/1996 16:36:54
Dear all,

I've recently been setting up a RiscBSD system connected to our academic
LAN, and have been hugely enjoying the flexibility that access to a
unix-style OS, and the X Windows System brings. I'm currently running a
48+2 Mb 610, on a 2 Gig Seagate IDE with around 1.5Mb for RiscBSD 1.2
(4554), using an Atomwide Ether3 card.

However (!), there are a few little things that keep cropping up that do
cause a little concern.

1. pmap_enter: V0004f000 P14f41000 in pmap Vf15ca184 prot=00000005, wired
= 0

What does this mean? At a guess, (and because it occurs usually during
disk activity), it's to do with mapping virtual to physical memory, but
(and here's the crucial bit) should I be worrying about it? And can I get
it to go away somehow...?

2. Message Catalog System: corrupt file

...which seems to occur under bash when one job's stopped, and when trying
to locate a non-existent file on disk. I can't locate anything in the man
pages with reference to the error message, though I guess the catalog
system's some lookup table-type thing, which is misbehaving slightly.
There seems to be little effect other than the error message.

Otherwise - RiscBSD's lovely - and must be more so, once the StrongARM'd
version's around...

Seizure later,

Dan.