Subject: Povray 3
From: C Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/30/1996 22:03:10
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else had managed to get the unix version of this
to run?  I've managed to compile it all up, but get an error, a page
protection error from the code, it occurs after the parsing
stage (looked very similair to one about something trying to access zero
page)

This is compiled with 2.7.2 (about to download 2.7.2.1 now) on kernal 4444
(about to download newer version now as well) running 1.2, in 12+1 MB on a
RPC710.

The source code for povray is 3.0e, it uses zlib and libpng, if anyone
knows if it's they do/don't work it might help.

Chris Gilbert

PS I'm going to investigate further on this tonight with a newer kernal
and compiler.  If I do get it running I'll let you know (although how fast
it'll be is hard to say as we don't have a hardware FPA :( )  If i don't
I'll post the error.