Subject: Netscape Navigator 2.00 for Solaris 2.4 hangs Xarm21
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen <thomassk@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/25/1996 22:27:19
I just fired up X and logged into one of our Solaris 2.4 computers.

There I started Netscape Navigator 2.00, and then the computer hang.
It really hung. Nothing worked.

I just had to reset the computer. It did not help to kill Navigator.

My configuration is:
- RiscPC 600, old model
- ARM610 rev. 5
- RISC OS 3 v. 3.5
- 64 MB DRAM
- 2 MB VRAM
- EtherH16 on podule8 (Network slot) using TP
- Power-tec SCSI-2 (podule 0)
- Acorn AKA-30 SCSI-1 (podule 1)
- SCSI discs:
	- HP C3325A (Power-tec, ID 0)
	- CDC 94221-209 (Power-tec, ID 1)
	- CDC 94221-209 (Acorn, ID 0)
- CFS210A IDE disc
- Booting RiscBSD off HP connected to Power-tec:
	- 400 MB FileCore
	- 100 MB root
	- 100 MB swap
	- rest /usr
- RiscBSD 1.2
- bsd-4634-64MB kernel
- Most sets installed

I booted singleuser and then went into multiuser with ^D, then logged
in as me and started X. Logged into local Solaris box, started an
X-term, started a PDM application, started Navigator.

If someone has a clue about why this happened, I would like to
hear it so that we could test and see why this happened.

If someone wants me to do tests with new versions of X or kernels,
then please let me know and I will test.

I do not require an action on this as I only want to report that
this was a problem that should be fixed some time in the future.

Kjetil B.