Subject: None
To: riscbsd@cheesey.demon.co.uk <riscbsd@cheesey.demon.co.uk>
From: Robert Malcolm Speed <R.M.Speed-iq1j9367@lmu.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/25/1996 11:42:26
Two things.

Firstly, my email address is due to change any time now, so I would
appreciate being reminded on how to signoff the maillist, I can then
re-signon on my new address (simply a year change at uni, but they've
changed it all over the shop so out Email server can't be that far behind)

Secondly, I'm trying to install BSD 1.2-beta, Kernels 3598, 4444 & 4554.
the later 2 just give me a screenfull of colored lines.
The former seems fine, it goes through the installation routines, asking
for the usual disk information but at the end simply comes up with a whole
load of messages saying there is no disk space & directory doesn't exist.

My setup is RPC 600, 8MB + 1VRAM, 850MB IBM HD, atapi 6x CD-ROM.
The drive is 1656 Cyl, 16 Heads, 63 sect/track
partitioned as 1000 cylinders for RISC-OS,
655 for BSD starting at 1001.
I have attempted to install on wd0 (IDE), specifying cylinders
I have given 75 cylinders to root, 60 to the swap and the rest (520)
to /usr
Everytime I try to install, different configurations, etc it always comes
up with the same message.

Any clues ?

Rob S.