Subject: Re: several host-adaptors
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/23/1996 14:28:04
>Does RiscBSD support several harddisk host-adaptors ( i.e several and
>different SCSI-Controllers at the same time connected to the computer) ?

Yep no problem. I have Acorn and Connect32 cards in my machine with drives
on each.
Each SCSI card (any manufacturer currently supported) provides a SCSI bus to
the
interface independant SCSI layer. SCSI discs, CDROM's tapes etc are configured
for the SCSI devices found on each SCSI bus.
so for a RiscPC the limit is 8 SCSI cards in a machine, thus 8 SCSI buses each
supporting 7 devices (1 used by each card) i.e. 56 devices (excluding luns)

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk