Subject: Re: EDO RAM in Old RPC
From: James Hunter <james@enterprise.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/17/1996 19:39:41
On Tue 17 Sep, Hunter, James M wrote:

> OK so EDO RAM does not work in the old style Risc PC and you get lots of
> abort on data transfer errors (well I did anyway) but when running Risc BSD
> with 64Mb EDO RAM installed it works perfectly. I had not problems at all.
>
> So the question is why?  How come my memory doesn't work under RISC OS (well
> not very well) and yet it doesn't have a single error under RiscBSD?

Actually my EDO RAM is now working under RISC OS - I forgot to create a new
font cache and was loading the old invalid one in.

So as for the EDO deosn't work in All Risc PC's - Oh yes it does!

James
        _    James Hunter - (Jelly), Software Engineering student,
     _ / \ _    IT Business Support / Database Development
 / \         / \ EMail: mailto:james@enterprise.net
/_______________\ Homepage: http://homepages.enterprise.net/james