Subject: Re: Disklabel losses
To: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/16/1996 18:22:43
Markus Baeurle writes:
 > Hello!
 >
 > I don't have the relevant messages here, so I can't quote.
 >
 > Kjetil speculated that my root and swap partitions overlap.
 > This can hardly be true, as the core dump being written to the swap partition
 > would then cause damage to the root partition, which does not happen.
 > It is quite sure that only the disklabel disappears, I have never observed any
 > damage to neither the Risc OS nor the RiscBSD partitions.
 >
 > Scott asked me to supply disklabel. I should have done that in the first place.
 > Here it comes:

[ SNIP ]

Looks OK. But the symptoms still suggest that the disklabel and the
swap partition overlap. Could you send the disk geometry (as RiscOS
sees it) and the cylinder offset in the filecore bootblock (bb_riscbsd
should return it)

cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
KRYTEN: And there are no others who've shared moments of intimacy with