Subject: Re: Progress over last 4 months
To: Neil A Carson <neil@ivision.co.uk>
From: Amit Gupta <93akg@eng.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/14/1996 17:19:51
On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, Neil A Carson wrote:

> > I've just come back from vacation, so I haven't been reading this list
>
> Good hols?

Yes, thanks. I worked for a company called D-Cubed, who produce a
variational-geometry constraint engine for CAD systems. It currently runs
to 240,000 lines of C++ and breaks both the HP/UX and SunPro compilers on
mild optimisation. I'm going to compile it using gcc 2.7.2.1 on RiscBSD
and see what happens :-)

> > 1) A7000 support. Has any progress been made in getting RiscBSD to run on
> > an A7000 ? Any idea of timescales/whether it's likely to go ahead ?
>
> I believe it now works. Make has an A7000 kernel on the ftp site, I think.

I've now seen the announcement - thank you all so much. I'll hopefully
have a machine around the end of October and would be very happy to
beta-test new A7000 kernels from then onwards.

> > 2) Hardware floating point solutions. Has anything been announced yet ?
>
> Look out at Acorn World, with a bit of luck.

Will do :-)

Best wishes,

Amit.