Subject: Disklabel losses
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/13/1996 03:01:42
Hello!

I have new facts on the losses of the disklabel.
With older kernels, I lost my disklabel from time to time, maybe every 20th
session or so...
With the 4629 kernel I lose the disklabel every time the system crashes and a
core dump is saved on the swap partition!
Does anybody have an idea why this happens? It's really reproducible, I got
this 3 times before I reverted back to one of my custom kernels.
I have a 1 GB disk connected to a Cumana SCSI II interface, in case somebody
doesn't know yet. ;-) I have two Risc OS partitions from 0-1422 and 1423-2240.
After this come the root, the swap and the usr partition in this order.