Subject: Re: Kernel 4629
To: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/11/1996 01:15:12
>I still get tons of ibuf overflows, there seem to be even more than before,
>maybe due to faster interrupt handling. Tons is really the best word, there
are
>between 200 and 500 reported each time. They are rather annoying because every
>communication over the SLIP connection comes to a halt for at least 30
seconds.

>When I rlogin to a HP from RiscBSD, I still get a column size of 7. The HP
>tries to determine the size of the terminal (the cursor shows up at the bottom
>right corner and goes back to its old place afterwards) and goes wrong. I have
>reported this before, but I don't know how to track it further.
>
>Apart from these problems, it seems to be OK.
>I haven't tested if the known problems writing to floppies are still present.

Ok I will try and look at these when I get a moment. Busy trying to delivery
a contract before the end of the week ;-(

Ibuf overflows are one thing I have been meaning to look at.
Typically I get about 20-40 ibuf overflows or a 2 hour SLIP session.

I am interested that you appear to get a lot more than I do.

I have not been experiencing any problems with floppies recently. I have just
compiled up the latest version of mtools and that appears to work fine.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk