Subject: Kernel 4629
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/11/1996 01:16:05
Hello!

My own two pence about kernel 4629:

I still get tons of ibuf overflows, there seem to be even more than before,
maybe due to faster interrupt handling. Tons is really the best word, there are
between 200 and 500 reported each time. They are rather annoying because every
communication over the SLIP connection comes to a halt for at least 30 seconds.

When I rlogin to a HP from RiscBSD, I still get a column size of 7. The HP
tries to determine the size of the terminal (the cursor shows up at the bottom
right corner and goes back to its old place afterwards) and goes wrong. I have
reported this before, but I don't know how to track it further.

Apart from these problems, it seems to be OK.
I haven't tested if the known problems writing to floppies are still present.