Subject: Re: >32Mb DRAM
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen <thomassk@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/10/1996 08:25:48
> Date: 9  Sep 96 15:40 GMT
> From: "Hunter, James M" <James.Hunter@nestlegb.nestle.com>
>
> Can someone bring me uptodate on this problem.
> Isn't there a problem when you have >32Mb of DRAM with the newer
> v1.2 kernals?

Yes, there is a problem.

When I had 48 MB bsd-4444 worked after it was installed, but failed
to load the ram disk.

Now that I have 64 MB, all the newer kernels fail on boot.
bsd-4197 sort of works, but I have managed to make that panic too.

> What is the solution for this? Are we waiting for a newer kernal which
> has a bug fix or what?

Mark have been handing me a set of kernels that I have tested, and
according to him, there is some progress.

I guess that he will soon provide me with a new kernel to test.

In other words: If you want RiscBSD 1.2-beta to work fine, then
remove one of you SIMMs so that you get down to 32 MB or less.

Kjetil B.