Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: New kernel (4626)
To: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/05/1996 18:50:40
> Kernelwise, what's the difference between single and multi user mode?
>
>  I thought that the only difference was that only the root filesystem
>gets mounted (ro) and none of the subsystems/daemons get setup/run.
>
>  If this is the case, did you just not go into multiuser mode out of
>fear for your HD?

Ok there should really be much difference. However cpu_switch appeared
to be a bit flaky with the SA-110 (cache purge hiccups) that meant I could
start a multiuser boot but things got upset when there were lots of processes
all running at once.

The means that the bulk of the work for the StrongARM is done. The rest
will have to wait until I get one.

Cheers,
				Mark

--