Subject: Re: X11R6.1-Installation
To: None <owner-port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG, port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Justin Stringfellow <string@ncp.gpt.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/30/1996 15:30:23
er.. just a quick query.

In the absence of the information being easily available from the web site
(I'm at work... not supposed to be useing ng it) can anyone answer a few basic
questions?
1. How 'big' is riscbsd (in terms of Mb to be downloaded)?
2. What state is it in now (the web page doesn't seem to have been updated
recently)?
3. how much room does it realistically take up on hard disk? the web page
states 400mb - but I shan't use emacs rather than vi, and I don't want a
c++ compiler - I'm sure there must be other parts that won't be useful.

4. can anyone make any helpful suggestions about a h/d & controller to
buy ? I have a risc pc with an arm610 and a 420Mb h/d along with 12mb
RAM + 2Mb vram. I want to keep the RISCOS side of things, and so was
planning on buying the yellowstone rapide controller and a quantum fireball
...until I read the reccomendations in the FAQ here.

cheers,

Justin Stringfellow