Subject: Re: X11R6.1-Installation
From: Robert Black <r.black@IC.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/30/1996 12:05:38
On Aug 30,  5:58am, Jan-Uwe Finck wrote:
> Subject: X11R6.1-Installation
> Hi,
>
> I've just completed to get the X11R6.1-files for the 1.2 version of
> RiscBSD...
> But after installing the sets (including Xarm-21) I wasn't able to get
> startx working properly...
> I get errors like 'no X -server in PATH' and so on ...even after putting
> the /usr/X11R6.1/bin into my path...and into the .bash_profile-file...

My guess is that Mark has forgotten some symbolic links. Try a 'which X'. X
should be in /usr/X11R6.1/bin and it should be a symbolic link to Xarm which
should be a symbolic link to Xarm-21. The commands to generate these links are:

cd /usr/X11R6.1/bin
ln -s Xarm-21 Xarm
ln -s Xarm X

(it is a Good Idea for these links to be relative rather than absolute)

I don't know whether Mark has updated rcm to handle the new path.

Cheers

Rob