Subject: RiscBSD with type 0 (15 kHz) monitor?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen <thomassk@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/21/1996 13:29:06
I am at present using my Risc PC with a type 0 (15 kHz) monitor.

I tried to boot RiscBSD from a 768x288x256 mode, but
it does not use the CMOS settings for the monitor type.

At first I tried from a 16 colour mode, but BtRiscBSD told
me I needed an 8 bpp mode, so I switched to 256 colours.

So, when RiscBSD booted it only gave me a messy unsynchronized
picture.

How can I configure RiscBSD to use this type of monitor
using such a monitor? Is it at all possible?

You see, I have a type 0 monitor at home and a multiscan one
at work that I have been using up until now.

Kjetil B.