Subject: 1.2 beta boot floppy problems, more info
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen <thomassk@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/19/1996 17:01:40
I reported that I was unable to install RiscBSD on my Risc PC
with the boot floppy for the 1.2 beta version.

The problem was that RiscBSD panic'ed when it tried to load
the RAM disk.

I have now tried the same floppy on an older Risc PC 600
with less RAM (8/60ns and 8/70ns).

On that Risc PC I had absolutely no problems.

So, this probably means that there are problems relating
to the specific memory configuration I have in my Risc PC
(32/60ns and 16/70ns).

I will compile a complete report of all experience I have
with RiscBSD later, but for now I thought it important
to tell people about this finding.

So, don't be put off by my problems. I do have a
very uncommon configuration in my Risc PC.

Kjetil B.