Subject: EtherH Cards
From: Rob Coward <ma2ric@BATH.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/19/1996 05:49:09
Hi,
 I seem to remeber that this is a well troden path, so I am hoping that
someone out there will be able to provide me with a solution to my
problem.
 The problem : I have just been having problems with my EtherH card and as
a result sent it back to I-Cubed. The kindly (for a fee) sent me a
replacement card. On the delivery note, George Hawes says that the
replacement card is from their 'in-house' range. Under RiscOS everything
works fine, including the virtual interfaces, allowing my PC card to run
TCP/IP at the same time as running Access under RiscOS. The problem comes
when booting up RiscBSD. It recognises an EtherH card in netslot0, but
when it tries to initialise the card, it gets as far as
	eh0 at podulebus0 [ netslot0 ]:1.2.
and then hangs the machine.
 I am running a RiscPC700 with 8+4+2Mb, 850Mb IDE, Cumana SCSI II, 1Gb
SCSI, PC card (DX2/66) & EtherH I-Cubed netcard. Any help would be grately
appreciated, as I can't even boot into RiscBSD anymore while the card is
in the machine.

Thanks in advance,
Rob Coward.

PS. I don't know if it will help, but I have written to George at I-Cubed
to ask him the differences with his 'in-house' range.

 | / |       The goal of all inanimate objects is to resist         | \ |
 | / |       Man and ultimately defeat him - Russel Baker           | \ |