Subject: Re: Kernel won't change root device
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@rghx50.gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/19/1996 02:29:40
Hello Aidan!

In message <199608142358.AAA14701@sable.ox.ac.uk> you wrote:

> What 'config'?  Do you mean that you've compiled a kernel that turns
> off the card's termination, or that you've set the RISC OS driver not
> to use termination?  If the former, how did you get source for the
> Cumana driver (under NDA)?  If the latter, that doesn't help.

The latter, obviously.

> Long-term solution: The RiscBSD driver should honour the RISC OS
> driver's termination setting.

I'd rather call this an ASAP-fix for a "feature" which shouldn't have been
introduced in the first place.
Does it really turn off termination on the Cumana? That's not a bright idea
because it's not too unusual to have no external devices on the SCSI bus.
Well, it doesn't seem to matter if termination on the controller is on or off
when I only have internal devices attached, that's my only luck.