Subject: Re: Unsuccessful attempt on 1.2 beta scratch-installation
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@rghx50.gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/14/1996 15:08:31
In message <199608122040.WAA01162@ra.pvv.ntnu.no> you wrote:

> Maybe I can look at that source too?

No, because the code for the Cumana SCSI II card is under NDA (non-disclosure
agreement).
I have written to Manar about the state of this NDA (ie if they insist on it,
might redraw it or whatever), I hope he will answer. Maybe someone else from
the kernel team can clarify this if Manar's too busy to answer and somebody
else knows.
If there's the slighest chance we might achieve something, I think all us
Cumana users should write to Cumana and ask them to redraw the NDA. We can also
consider to write one letter "signed" by all its supporters. (The credibility
of such an EMail might be a problem and a signed letter would be too much
hassle.)
Not only does it make development harder, it also always makes a big hassle to
get a new object file whenever a kernel structure changes.
And there's no good reason for the NDA anymore because there are SCSI cards
available today which have faster drivers (eg. the MCS Connect 32, which has at
least a different vendor name in the UK).