Subject: imakefile problem
From: Bevis Peters <bevis@APG.PH.UCL.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/14/1996 17:46:30
I'm trying to compile some stuff with X on RiscBSD. It's all very simple
stuff, consisting of two programs - the main code and the X interface bit;
mars1d.c and x_interface.c

Here's my Imakefile:

CC= cc
LIBS= -lm -lX11
CFLAGS=

OBJ = mars1d.o x_interface.o

mars1d: $(OBJ)
        $(CC) -o $@ $(CFLAGS) $(OBJ) -L$(LIBDIR) $(LIBS) -I$(INCDIR)

$(OBJ): defs.h
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $*.c -I$(INCDIR)

xmkmf then works fine and produces a Makefile.

On my work machines (Ultrix and OS/F) that Makefile compiles it all fine,
but on RBSD I get the error

Error: x_interface.c: 3: Cannot open file X11/Xlib.h for include
Error: x_interface.c: 4: Cannot open file X11/Xutil.h for include

Here are the first few lines of x_interface.c:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <X11/XliAAb.h>
#include <X11/Xutil.h>
#include <math.h>

Now compiling x_interface.c manually with a -I/usr/X11R6/include/ works fine,
but putting -I/usr/X11R6/include/ into the Makefile does not.

How do I get the Makefile to see /usr/X11R6/include/?
Any help much appreciated.

bevis

--
	  _=~~=_	Bevis Peters