Subject: Re: Unsuccessful attempt on 1.2 beta scratch-installation
To: Robert Black <r.black@IC.AC.UK>
From: Kim G. S. \yhus <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/12/1996 22:40:43
> > Strange. Any particular leason for this? Why just Amiga?
> > I converted from Amiga to RiscPC 1.5 years ago.
>
> It was the cleanest existing driver for the chipset.

Do you have documentation I can use if I want to try to write
a device driver?

I think I can get an 200MB IDE HD, the removable one, to use
as development space, if that is sufficient to compile the
kernel & scsi device driver, under 1.1. So, I think I will say yes
to your offer of compiling a scsi less kernel for me. :-)

> > What I would like is a cumana driver hack so that I can use my
> > Optical PD on SCSI 004. After all, everything worked perfectly
> > when I had my SCSI HD which RiscBSD never accessed.
>
> If we had any idea what the bug was we would fix it. I don't think there is a
> sensible workaround until we know what is causing the trouble. Scott has been
> working on it (and other bugs) for 6 months so far but getting nowhere fast.
> I'm afraid you're out of luck. I will be seeing him at the weekend and I might
> ask him to explain his source code in words of one syllable and see whether I
> can spot anything.

Maybe I can look at that source too?

Kim0

(PS I am copying data from the BSDisk in the background while writing this.)