Subject: Re: Cumana SCSI II 2.01 probs
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Croft <david@INFOTREK.DEMON.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/12/1996 02:21:46
In message <Pine.SUN.3.91-941213.960613145423.29560A-100000@dust0.dur.ac.uk>
          Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk> wrote:

>   I've just upgraded to the v2.01 software for RiscOS which
> automatically powers down the drive when I boot RiscBSD.
>
>   The drive powers  up again when the SCSI card is found, but it would
> appear that it doesn''t alwaays power up fast enough as sometimes it
> isn't recognised on bootup and the device isn't configured.

Quoting from recent correspondence with the author:

: Other fixes and additions:
:
: 1) Hard-discs can now be set not to spindown on shutdown. This was
: causing problems to RiscBSD users as I gather you have to shutdown to
: enter RiscBSD.
:
: <snip>

This refers to version 2.01a which is BETA and UNSUPPORTED. If you're
willing to try it, I can get a copy to you.