Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: RiscBSD on A7000 machines
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/07/1996 19:37:25
On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, Stefan Voss wrote:

> In message <19960806.182436.30@emw4maba.slip.gp.fht-esslingen.de>
>       Markus Baeurle wrote:
>=20
> > Du mu=DFt den neuen Bootloader verwenden. Dort gibt es ein Feld "Video =
DRAM" bei "Display". Was man dort eintragen muss, kannst Du Dir sicher denk=
en.
> > Ausprobiert habe ich das aber nicht, ich hab' eine anst=E4ndige Konfigu=
ration.
> > ;-))
>=20
> Just a little translation for you non-german speaking folks:
> Markus' advice is to use the new bootloader and set the field "Video DRAM=
"
> to 0K.

I'm pretty sure I sent it as a private mail only to you, that's why I=20
wrote German.
=20
> I followed his advice and downloaded BtRiscBSD V2.80 (13th July 1996).
> After verifying that the "Video DRAM" field was set to 0K I tried booting
> kernel 4444 and got the "only 8 bpp support" message again.=20

I thought it was pretty obvious that you have to enter something else=20
than 0K in the field "Video DRAM" if you want to use DRAM as video memory.

MfG MB