Subject: Re: Muds
To: Matt <matthew@xania.uk.org>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/02/1996 18:54:53
>Btw - anyone working on/considering working on a gdb port - I'd be *very*
>interested in that one!

GDB has recently become a high priority so that we can debug the Xserver.
I have merged Frank's GDB patches into a version 4.16 and done a bit more work
myself.

Sidenote:

Anyone trying to use ptrace() will have problems as there is a but in the libc
ptrace() function ;-)

I now have a version of GDB that can do some limited debugging. I would say the
that the version I have running is an alpha test version of the alpha version.

Given that I don't know anything about gdb, things are going quite well

For example I can debug the follow C program

void test(char *addr)
{
	*addr = 0;
}

void main()
{
	char *address;

	address = 0;

	test(address);
}

Ok not much but it is something ;-)

I will not say how soon I expect to have a version folks can play with as
I am sure it will not be ready in time ;-)

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk