Subject: Re: Compiling a new kernel?!
To: None <aidounif@SPEEDY.GROLIER.FR>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/02/1996 17:49:55
>I've downoaded the sys.tar.gz file on the ftp site, and following the
>instructions in the config_guide not the patches.
>Uncrunching, cd /usr/sys/src/arch/arm32/conf, config GENERIC (to look how it
>works!)..... and.... lots of error (errors only, in fact....).

Ok sounds like you have the old /usr/sbin/config binary.

Try pulling the updated version from the 1.1-beta/upgrades directory.
This is because the syntax of the config files changed in NetBSD-current after
the 1.1 release.

>PS. Does the AmigaDOS FS works???

well you can compile it in without problems. However,

1. RiscBSD will not handle AmigaDOS floppies as they are a non standard format.
I am not sure if you can format AmigaDOS floppies to 720K or 1.44MB and still
use them for AmigaDOS on an Amiga.

2. RiscBSD does not understand Amgia DOS partition formats for you would have
difficulty in mount an Amiga SCSI HD.

3. Not sure about the endian AmigaDOS uses so that may cause problems.

The real answer is to compile it in and transfer an AmigaDOS image to RiscBSD,
config a vnode and try mounting it.

Cheers,
				Mark

--