Subject: Re: Compiling a new kernel?!
To: Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen <thomassk@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
From: Kim G. S. \yhus <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/02/1996 13:11:32
> > Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 17:19:15 +0200 (MESZ)

> > I would be really astonished if it was possible to read AmigaDOS drives
> > with RiscBSD. And floppies won't work either AFAIK because the floppy
> > controller used in the Risc PC can't cope with the way the Amiga writes
> > to floppy.
>
> I agree with you here. The floppy drive on the Amiga is controlled
> by one of the custom chips, and it is using 11 sectors per track.
> I do not know if the controller used in the Risc PC will handle this.
>
> Kjetil B.

The Amiga simply reads an entire track, + a little bit extra, thus
guaranteeing getting all 11 sector whole. Then it analyzes that
track, searching for sectors and doing a weird MFM variant.

So, provided that the floppy drive can read continously,
Amiga floppies should be readable, and writable.
I think most floppy drives can do this.

Kim0