Subject: Re: fp probs?
To: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@DURHAM.AC.UK>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@CUS.CAM.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/23/1996 16:42:15
>   Hi,
>
>    I've just tried compiling povray3. Well, it beats working right? :)
>

>   Anyway, I get the same error as with the old povray2.2, i.e. a
> segmentation fault as soon as a ray hits an object.
>
> nogo1, Data abort: 'Translation fault (section)' status = 005 address =
> e5845008 PC = 00025f84
> 00025f84 : [31mH[0m : e593f008 :    [37mLDR  r15, [r3, #0x0008][0m
> 2230 bytes of undefined stack fill pattern out of 2350 bytes
> 2888 bytes of svc stack fill pattern out of 4096 bytes
> Process = f14d3800 pid = 3307 comm = x-povray
> CPSR=60000013 Traceback info
> fp->lr=f00d721c fp->pc=f00e4c88
> Trapframe PC = 00025f84
> Trapframe SPSR = 60000010
>

>   Is this a problem with the FPE?  I seem to recall someone saying that
> they didn;t get this with an FPA fitted.
>
>   Has anyone managed to get povray to work without one?
>
> Thanks,
> 	Ale.

Nope. I was wondering whether trying with 1.2 and its compiler might
help, then use the command line version to generate the gif or
whatever and then view it under riscos (no X with 1.2). Does anyone
know whether trying the other compiler might help? I compiled the hdf
library yesterday for ImageMagick and got thrown into the debugger
followed by the kshell after a continue during gmake test. Same
question re version of compiler.

Patrick