Subject: Re: sendmail-Prob
To: Jan-Uwe Finck <root@schumi.studfb.unibw-muenchen.de>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/22/1996 20:16:42
>SYSERR(root):/etc/sendmail.cf:line800: unknown control line "^?"
>
>when I look into the file at the appropriate line I find the following :
>/xff
>
>Well, could somebody look up, what is in his file, please ?

Simple solution... Delete the character

Note sure where this character came from ... It looks like it is due to a
singed char bug in something (possibly m4) The char is not in the config source
so is created when the sendmail.cf was build. Being 0xff it suggests that fgetc
returned -1 and this was mis-interpreted due to signed char bugs in something.

For the moment just delete the char. I'll remove it from the 1.2 release and
try and trace the source of the problem.

So far this 1.2 beta release is working quite well.  A lot of problems have
been found and will be fixed for the final 1.2 release.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk