Subject: Re: ``RiscBSD Documentation Project''
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: S.W.Ellacott@bton.ac.uk <S.W.Ellacott@BTON.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/19/1996 17:31:02
In message <189c13eb46@yoda.in-berlin.de> you wrote:

> In message <Pine.GSO.3.93.960709094924.4429A-100000@stingray.ivision.co.uk>,
>     Neil A. Carson wrote:
>
> > [...]
> >
> > I would have thought we really need provision for both; this way
> > (if people don't know LaTeX, use ASCII and I can format it by hand) we can
> > create any printed documentation needed, and still provide the information
> > on the www, using LaTeX2HTML.
>
> I have made good experiences using LaTeX2HTML for translating
> documentation into HTML format. A working perl installation is mandatory,
> though.
>
> >     Neil
>
> Regards,
>    Stefan

I have nearly completed a RiscOs port of latex2html if this is of help to
anyone. The actual LaTeX is converted OK but I've not sorted out the image
conversions yet. You do need a *lot* of RAM: 8Mb even for small docs. I
could send anyone an alpha version if too impatient to wait!:-)

--
Steve Ellacott
Dept. Math. Sciences, University of Brighton, Moulsecoomb, BN2 4GJ, UK