Subject: Re: Documentation
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@rghx50.gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/18/1996 01:47:02
On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Alex McLintock wrote:

>      4) what documentation for NetBSD / BSD in general / Unix in general
>         is publically available already?

Something we should really have a look at is the FreeBSD handbook. Point
your browsers at http://www.uk.freebsd.org or http://www.de.freebsd.org
to view it. I don't know whether they write it in HTML, but I would say
so because it is only available as HTML.
This has several things missing, but there is a lot that would also apply
for NetBSD. I don't know whether this could be used, whether NetBSD would
use it and so on...

Something we should not forget in the whole process is that we can switch
to another source format later, we don't have to decide now. It will be a
bit of work but it's better than to debate endlessly about the proper
basis. The biggest work is always to collect the information and bring it
in a proper form, not to format it  in a special form or source format.
First we should focus on improving the existing ASCII documentation - IMHO.

I will (yes, definitely this time) help here, because I'm on semester
holidays now and have some time for things like that.

Markus