Subject: Re: install problem solved!!!
To: Alex McLintock <Alex.McLintock@CHADWYCK.CO.UK>
From: David Brownlee <david@MONO.ORG>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/15/1996 10:28:38
On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Alex McLintock wrote:

> > A last question(I hope so!) , I've got a french keyboard, and I want to
> > switch RiscBSD to handle my keyboard map... How (if possible) do I manage
> > to do this????
>
>      Dare I suggest buy a unix book which goes into termcap in great
>      detail. Define a new terminal capabilities file. And once you have
>      defined the alternative termcap file supply it to Mark for inclusion
>      in the standard distribution.
>
>      But before you do that paint a large X on the wall for banging your
>      head against.
>
>      ----
>
>      Actually I think what you need is an appropriate termcap file - which
>      I hope someone else has already created.

	I dont think termcap will help here - what you need is to modify
	the table in the kernel that maps keypresses. Several other NetBSD
	ports already do this - I _think_ they inlcude the atari, amiga,
	mac686, and i386. You should probably be able to reuse some code
	there :)

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.--- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          Too drunk to care          |     The hell of the night before    |
|  Looked like death, felt like Hell  |    I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ Been the worse for wear ------'--- And still I'll drink some more --'