Subject: Install problem!!!
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frederic AIDOUNI <aidounif@SPEEDY.GROLIER.FR>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/12/1996 01:32:50
Hi there!

I've tried to install RiscBSD tonight, for the fourth time... I explain :

My hardware config is
16mb+1mb(VRAM)
2 IDE discs :
- Master is 540mb Quantum MAVERICK
  0-1023 cyl. for Risc OS
- Slave is 1280mb Quantum FIREBALL (2484cyl - 16heads - 63s/t)
  0-1023 cyl. for Risc OS

My goal was to install RiscBSD 1.1beta on the FIREBALL after the Risc OS
partition so I run BB_RISCBSD and tell it I want to start my RiscBSD
partition at cyl.
1024.
After that, I made the root floppy as said in the install guide, ran BtRiscBSD
with kernel 4163.
All the install seems nice (offset at cyl. 1024, size 1460cyl., swap 80cyl.,
root 80cyl.).
I ran /usr/local/sbin/inst, load BASE, MISC, ETC, TCSH sets in distribution
directory, pushed 5, 6, and 7!!!!! (verifications, and installation)
A that point all went great, but, the decrunching stopped in the middle (aprox.
) of localzone directory. I wait about 2 minutes, and pressed CTRL-C...
I ran FSCK which reports various (not written down, sorry), so I tell it to
make the filing system clean. I halt, reboot RiscBSD (on WD1 this time) and
my usr partition was... empty...

I repeat this four time, it crashes in localzone directory again and again...
(not on the same file!)....

I have reformatted my FIREBALL (512 cyl.) and locate RiscBSD partition on the
cyl. number 512, it doesnt changed anything...

Ok, I'm *very* far of being a unix guru!!!! So, could someone help me???!!

thanks in advance

FRED

--
.. Scotty, I've fallen and I can't beam up!