Subject: Re: /usr directory fails to mount
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andy Ward <riscbsd@CONNECTI.DEMON.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/11/1996 23:46:57
In message <a95415eb46@connecti.demon.co.uk>
          Andy Ward <riscbsd@CONNECTI.DEMON.CO.UK> wrote:

Just to let you know how I've got on...

For the N'th time I re-installed everything from scratch except I
calulated the number of free cylinders precisely. Before I was one
short of the 'end'.

> Anyway, everything (just about) went sweetly all the way through Mark's
> installation documents, until I came to do a multi-boot after using RCM.

[snip initial bits]

> * Reboot BSD, single user, with root as /dev/wd0a this time
> * Run /usr/local/sbin/inst and validate & install
>     base, config, etc, local, man, misc, and shells sets.

Included the kern4338 and patch set, too, in the initial installation.
This seemed to be the key, as all went fine on the next reboot, and
/usr appeared miraculously before me ;-)

Cheers to those who made suggestions.

Now, about that sendmail.cf problem ... ;-)
--
Andy Ward