Subject: Re: /netbsd missing
To: riscbsd <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hunter, James M <James.Hunter@nestlegb.nestle.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/11/1996 16:23:00
>> during booting my system I always get some errormessages like
>> kvm_mkdb: /netbsd: No such file or directory
>
>     I get similar messages too. Let me make a guess.
>
>     We upgraded the kernel main file, but failed to perform some
>     initialisation so that the support files are consistant with the
>     kernel. The most common symptom of this is everyone asking where
>     "/dev/vidcvideo" is.

Well it depends upon which copy you class as the 'kernal main file'.
You are supposed to copy the kernal you are using to /netbsd (ie a file
called netbsd in the root of your file system.

If you, like me, also have a copy on a RISC OS partition for the boot loader
read then you must make sure that you update BOTH or use unixfs so that
you can tell the bootloader to use the kernal called netbsd in the root of
your
primary root partition.

James.