Subject: Re: /netbsd missing
To: Alex McLintock <Alex.McLintock@CHADWYCK.CO.UK>
From: Neil A Carson <neil@IVISION.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/11/1996 14:48:01
On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, Alex McLintock wrote:

> > during booting my system I always get some errormessages like
> > kvm_mkdb: /netbsd: No such file or directory
>      I get similar messages too. Let me make a guess.

The kernel must be present on the riscbsd partition as /netbsd if doing a
native boot. If booting from the RiscOS side, you should make sure that
the kernel on the RiscOS partition and the one on the netbsd root
partition are the same.

If you install a new kernel, you *must* remember to put it in both places,
and also do
	kvm_mkdb /netbsd
after copying the kernel onto the NetBSD partition.

    Yours Aye,

    Neil

* Neil A Carson
* Internet Vision Ltd.