Subject: Re: /netbsd missing
To: Alex McLintock <Alex.McLintock@CHADWYCK.CO.UK>
From: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@DURHAM.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/11/1996 14:38:26
On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, Alex McLintock wrote:

> > during booting my system I always get some errormessages like
> > kvm_mkdb: /netbsd: No such file or directory
>
>      I get similar messages too. Let me make a guess.
>
>      We upgraded the kernel main file, but failed to perform some
>      initialisation so that the support files are consistant with the
>      kernel. The most common symptom of this is everyone asking where
>      "/dev/vidcvideo" is.

  Forgive me if this is really obvious and you've tried it already, but
you *do have* a copy of your boot kernel as /netbsd don't you?

  If you don't then you'll get an error like the one you mention when
/etc/rc tries to build the databases  (Extract from /etc/rc

# build ps databases
echo 'building databases...'
kvm_mkdb /netbsd
dev_mkdb