Subject: Re: Configure and rcm
To: netbsd <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Pead <Daniel.Pead@NOTTINGHAM.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/11/1996 09:50:22
On Wed 10 Jul, Phil Radden wrote:

> Except the harddisc (IDE, not used
> by RiscBSD) which refuses to wake up again after a reboot; a reset is
> required.  Anybody got any ideas at all?  It's very distressing!

Well, I'm the other way round - RISCBSD on IDE and unused SCSI.

I had to kludge the bootstrap program to stop it doing a 'Shutdown all Filing
Systems' which upset my Morley/IBM SCSI drives because they either hung on
spindown (due to a 'feature' with multi-partition SCSI discs) or refused to
spin-up afterwards (for reasons unknown).  I suspect that there are potential
pitfalls to this, but unfortunately "Shutdown" in RISC-OS appears to just plain
not work with multiple partitions (I had to do something similar to the RISC-OS
shutdown routine).

Daniel Pead --- Shell Centre for Maths Education --- University of Nottingham
http://acorn.educ.nottingham.ac.uk/ShellCent/Staff/dan.html
mailto:Daniel.Pead@Nottingham.ac.uk   phoneup:0115 951 4991