Subject: Re: bcopy optimisation
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olly Betts <olly@MANTIS.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/09/1996 11:18:35
Neil A Carson writes:
>Why not just use the one given in the RiscOS 2 PRMs?

The actual reason is because I'd forgotten it was there.  However, it may
not be the best that can be done for what it's wanted for since:

* It was written long before the ARM6 came along (probably before ARMs had
  caches)

* If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's given for copying sound data, and is
  likely to be optimised for long copies; Mark gave a list of common calls,
  which were mostly small multiples of 4 (and probably word aligned)

I'll dig it out, and give it a test.  Could someone send me the stats for
the kernel's use of bcopy?  All 3 parameters ideally, or at least the bottom
2 bits of the src and dest addresses.

Oh, and what assembler format?

Olly