Subject: Re: How do I format floppies ?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/08/1996 21:54:59
>Can someone tell me how I can format floppies in ffs format under
>RiscBSD ?

Ok well currently the RiscBSD fd driver does not actually support low level
formatting. (This is because NetBSD/i386 doesn't and I used that driver as a
base) One day I will get around to importing some formatting code unless
someone else wants to do it. (Also need to fix the fd driver to handle 1.6MB
floppies)

Anyway if you have a 14..MB floppy a ffs filesystem can be installed easily

newfs /dev/rfd0a floppy

will use the floppy entry in the /etc/disktab file to create a ffs filesystem.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk