Subject: Re: ``RiscBSD Documentation Project''
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/08/1996 18:40:33
We also need man pages for devices (some exist but need updating/extending)
and a few other things.

Also there has been talk of docs explaining adding users etc. On things like
this and other sysadmin there appear to be two camps. One who want to see some
docs explaining it and the other who says there are plenty of books already
published on BSD, sysadm etc.

I would tend to say that short guides to the these sorts of things are needed.
These guides can refer to further reading material but since RiscBSD is
a free piece of software there should be at least some free basic documents
explaining adding users, basic sysadm etc.
There are a lot of docs like this already floating around the net so some of
these could be used as a starting point etc.

Another area of documentation needed is a Kernel Hackers Guide. I did start one
some time ago but have not got very far.
This is probably something that I will have to write. It would be aimed at
explaining the arm32 dependant code not the whole kernel. All the MI stuff is
far better explained in things like the 4.4BSD book (I'm sure you knwo the one
I mean).
The primary thing is to decribe writing device drivers etc.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk