Subject: Re: FTP site
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/05/1996 18:09:58
Hi,
  Ok a number of people have been mailing me about the FTP.

1. File not found problems.
   Ok I did post a message a few days ago about a reorganisation
   of files on the ftp site. This means that some directory names
   have changes. All release and contrib directories now contain
   release version number. Since people did not check to see what
   changes I have made I have put in links from the old alpha2 beta
   and contrib directories so people should be able to use the old
   names. I would suggest that people check the new filenames.

2. URL's on the WWW site for the FTP site are wrong.
   Ok I did not get these updated straight away but they
   should now be pointing to the new directories.

3.  FTP speed
   Ok nothing I can do about this. The ftp server basically just
   serves ftp and WWW and is used for very little else
   (Its an SG Indy btw).
   As far as I can see the server its self is not running slowly
   It looks like the problem is between the remote user and
   King's physics department. This is not something I can do any
   thing about. Since I get high xfer rates in and out of Kings
   it suggests that the problem lies else where.

   I will keep a check on the ftp server to make sure that the
   server is not running slow.

Cheers,
				Mark
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk
Research Associate			http://www.ph.kcl.ac.uk/~amb/
Department of Physics			tel: 0171 873 2894
King's College London			fax: 0171 873 2716