Subject: Re:... boot halted at cumana scsi
To: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@pvv.ntnu.no>
From: Kim G. S. \yhus <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/05/1996 18:09:56
>  > When booting RiscBSD, my machine now hangs after writing:
>  >
>  > csc0 at podulebus [ podule 0 ]: dmabuf V0xf27a2000 P0x183c7000
>  > scsibus 0 at csc0
>  >
>  > I use a cumana SCSI-2 card.
>  > Any suggestions, advice, or new kernels that may fix the
>  > problem?
>
> This sounds like a termination problem. Before did you have one
> internal and one external device ? If so terminate the bus on the
> unused side.

I never had any external devices. The PD is terminated, without
termination power, and is at the end of the cable. The 256MB HD
which I gave away, was at the middle of the cable, without
termination resistors. Everything works perfect under
RiscOS, but hangs the bootsequence of RiscBSD, after I removed the HD.

So I am very sure that the problem is software, not hardware.

Kim0, the Unix sys.adm. at the GSM Project, Telenor. (Norwegian Telecom)