Subject: Re: BSD boot halted due to cumana card?
To: Kim G. S. yhus <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@IC.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/05/1996 11:06:17
Kim G. S. writes:
 > When booting RiscBSD, my machine now hangs after writing:
 >
 > csc0 at podulebus [ podule 0 ]: dmabuf V0xf27a2000 P0x183c7000
 > scsibus 0 at csc0
 >
 > I use a cumana SCSI-2 card.
 >
 > Before the problem, I had internal 850MB HD, Panasonic PD at
 > scsi 4, and quantum 250MB at scsi 0.
 >
 > I exchanged my scsi HD for a removable extra IDE of 200MB,
 > since I need to exchange data with a linux friend on a
 > Unix project.
 >
 > So, my machine hangs with the combinations with fixed
 > 850MB IDE, with or without the 210MB IDE, and fixed PD
 > drive with scsi 4 or 0, and all kernels I tried, including
 > atapi-4339.
 >
 > I suppose this is the problem mentioned with the cumana driver.
 > I am unable to fix it myself, since I cannot run RiscBSD.
 > I am able to continue My and Roars floating point library
 > development under RiscOS instead.
 >
 > Any suggestions, advice, or new kernels that may fix the
 > problem?

This sounds like a termination problem. Before did you have one
internal and one external device ? If so terminate the bus on the
unused side.

 > Kim0

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
Joey: "You're a monkey. You're loose in the city. Where would you go?"