Subject: BSD boot halted due to cumana card?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kim G. S. \yhus <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/04/1996 23:22:04
When booting RiscBSD, my machine now hangs after writing:

csc0 at podulebus [ podule 0 ]: dmabuf V0xf27a2000 P0x183c7000
scsibus 0 at csc0

I use a cumana SCSI-2 card.

Before the problem, I had internal 850MB HD, Panasonic PD at
scsi 4, and quantum 250MB at scsi 0.

I exchanged my scsi HD for a removable extra IDE of 200MB,
since I need to exchange data with a linux friend on a
Unix project.

So, my machine hangs with the combinations with fixed
850MB IDE, with or without the 210MB IDE, and fixed PD
drive with scsi 4 or 0, and all kernels I tried, including
atapi-4339.

I suppose this is the problem mentioned with the cumana driver.
I am unable to fix it myself, since I cannot run RiscBSD.
I am able to continue My and Roars floating point library
development under RiscOS instead.

Any suggestions, advice, or new kernels that may fix the
problem?

Kim0